1. Sarrene
  2. JoomProject
  3. Tuesday, 07 January 2020
Good afternoon,
I have a request for a Change log function/feature for JoomProject. This is the one functionality that is missing that I know most software and or web developers would love. I would not even mind paying for this as an expansion/plugin for JP.

I have searched the forum and I found an old post from several years ago. Though I am not sure exactly what the functionality was, I am not able to find it on the site anywhere under Products. (I might have missed it)
https://www.joomboost.com/support/forums/418-changelogs-pack-records-list-date.html

I have a mock-up that might help explain a bit better. The concept is to be form that would "add" to a table list. It would both back-end parameters as well as front end accessibility for staff within the correct group or permissions.

Mockup:
https://gyazo.com/f880b7b206cb2d99ef5746a2e36eed82

Primary functionality that it would need would be:
Back-end:
- Configure permissions by joomla groups
-- Access back end
-- Access/view front end
-- Edit Own
-- Delete Own
-- Edit Others
-- Delete Others

- Configure Change type (Allow admins to add/customize the change types
- Configure Category (allow admins to add/customize the categories)
- Allow task selection based on the project selected (include link to that task)
- Automatic date creation/timestamp
- Automatically fill in Authors User Name
- Export to CSV
- Configure sort filters

Front End
- Select project to view entries
- Filter of columns
- Drop down selection for Change type
- Drop down selection for Category type
- Input field for Patch Notes
- Drop down select for task list based on Project
- Automatic timestamp for when entry is saved
- Automatic UserName added

It is possible that Milestone could be included as well for the top option to select next to "Select Project". I did not add that into the mock-up or the list above.

I wish I had more time, I would help develop this, however with all the hats I am wearing I do not have time. It does appear that most (not all) of the very basic functionality is in the current JP. The area I would have difficulty in would be the backend configuration.

I am willing to pay for this, and I am sure many others would really appreciate it as well and pay! It would really round and make JoomProject almost perfect!

Thank you kindly,
Sarrene'
Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.