RSS (Rich Site Summary) originally RDF Site Summary, often dubbed Really Simple Syndication is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works—such as blogentries, news headlines, audio, and video—in a standardized format. An RSS document (which is called a "feed", "web feed", or "channel") includes full or summarized text, plus metadata such as publishing dates and authorship.
RSS feeds benefit publishers by letting them syndicate content automatically. A standardized XML file format allows the information to be published once and viewed by many different programs. They benefit readers who want to subscribe to timely updates from favored websites or to aggregate feeds from many sites into one place.
RSS feeds can be read using software called an "RSS reader", "feed reader", or "aggregator", which can be web-based, desktop-based, or mobile-device-based. The user subscribes to a feed by entering into the reader the feed's URI or by clicking a feed icon in a web browser that initiates the subscription process. The RSS reader checks the user's subscribed feeds regularly for new work, downloads any updates that it finds, and provides a user interface to monitor and read the feeds. RSS allows users to avoid manually inspecting all of the websites they are interested in, and instead subscribe to websites such that all new content is pushed onto their browsers when it becomes available.
JoomRSS is the #1 Joomla Extension for RSS Feed Syndicating. This RSS Syndicate extension works Joomla! CMS environment.. It can:
- Create ultimate RSS Feeds for Joomla article which plenty of options.
- Create flexible RSS Feeds for almost Joomla extensions, i.e: K2, VirtueMart, FLEXIcontent ... and more
- Merge multiple RSS Feeds into one RSS Feed.
- Create Podcast website.
- Make a professional RSS News website, just like CNN, CNET, Reuters, NYTimes.
… and much more.
JoomRSS extension includes:
- JoomRSS component: mange RSS Feeds in backend, and present RSS Feeds listing in frontend.
- JoomRSS module: works as a RSS Syndicate module, display RSS Feeds listing in a module.
- JoomRSS system plugin: put specific RSS Feeds into live bookmark.
- JoomRSS content plugin: embed RSS Feed link into Joomla content.
- JoomRSS Addon plugins
3) JoomRSS add-on
JoomRSS itself can create RSS Feed for only standard Joomla articles. To extends its ability, you can install more JoomRSS add-on for it, for example: K2, VirtueMart, JReviews ....
Each add-on will add ability to JoomRSS to be able to create RSS Feed for particular extension.